The Tour Manager Training Course Overview
- The two day programme is primarily intended for people from all walks of life who would like to transform their life into and adventure and work in Travel.
- The subjects covered during our training courses include all aspects of the role of a Tour Manager/Tour Leader.
- The training will involve classroom-based sessions and field trips or guided tours.
- Our trainers are active Tour Managers, have extensive knowledge in the industry and have run tours to more than 60 countries worldwide.
We also hold Special Edition courses where we include Field Trips to tourist locations around the world. In such cases, the training course will last 3 days and 2 nights Bed and Breakfast accommodation will be included in the course fees, as well as all transportation and entrance fees to different tourist attractions.
Classroom based session
- Course overview
- Trends in the Tourism and Travel Industry
- Tour Operators and Package Tours
- Tour Manager/ Tour Director Role
- Pre Tour Preparation and Research
- Types of tours-Rail/Cruise/Air/Coach
- Tours by Coach
- Rail Tours
- Commentary en Route
- Guided tour of Liverpool/Typical sightseeing day
- Commentary techniques
- Destination Briefing/Hotel Check in
- Optional Excursions and Selling techniques
- Airline and Airport Procedures
Classroom based session and guided tour of the city
- Research/Commentary/Reference Material
- Pre-Tour Duties/Preparation
- Departure Day
- Teamwork/Working with Local Guides and Drivers/ Practical exercise
- Practical Application -Student Presentation
- Group Communication/ Typical Day to Day Problems
- Listening Skills/Conflict Resolution
- How to Have a Successful Tour
- Ethical and Professional Considerations
- CV and Cover Letters
- Interview Techniques
- Individual Feedback
The training programme provides both theoretical and practical experience in Tour Management. Over the two days of the course, students will be expected to develop their skills on both a personal and professional level through hands on experience, training sessions and working together in role-playing groups.
Students will develop a broad sense of the job, including building rapport with clients, solving problems and writing reports.
Evaluation and Feedback
At the end of the course, each student will receive an evaluation from the trainers based on their performance during training. Performance will be assessed on the basis of team work, presentations and related materials prepared by students. The trainees who successfully complete the course will be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.
One month after finishing the TMT Academy’s course I applied for a job with a British Tour Operator and I got the job. Since, I spent five weeks working in Apulia and Vieste and two weeks in Mexico. The course brilliantly prepared me for any kind of problem I could have encountered. I felt confident and received wonderful feedback from the clients of the tours I led.Maria H . 2014